This is a summer event that each player with a home draw arranges their matches then notifies us of the result. The final will be held during the October Half Term holiday.
The competition is open to both boys and girls who are:
- pupils of an affiliated school or college
- under 19 years of age in the current school year in full time education.
- are members of a golf club and hold an official CONGU or LGU handicap
The competition is a normal match play competition over 18 holes.
The competitors receive full allowance of the difference in their handicaps:
- If the match is between a boy and girl, the girl is allowed the positive difference between the men’s and ladies SSS, when the ladies SSS is greater than the men’s.
- The girl will then take her shots off the men’s card. No other courtesy shots will be allowed.
- The final will be played during the October half term holiday – date to be confirmed
In the event of a tie after 18 holes, the first three holes should be replayed and thereafter sudden death applies.
If the match is unable to continue to be finished due to bad light or inclement weather, the match should be restarted from the finish point. If in doubt the players should contact the competition secretary for a ruling.
PLEASE NOTE: The first named competitor in the draw plays on their course and courtesy of the course is usually expected. There is also an expected courtesy that competitors should ask permission from their club secretary prior to the match.